Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Q's first haircut...

Well, I finally decided to bite the bullet and have it done. I have been planning this event in my head for months and couldn't postpone it even if I wanted to. Quincy was getting so shaggy that she needed a haircut badly. I had to time it just right for many reasons...Cole needed to be at school, it needed to happen right away when Kids' Hair opened so we could get in, and it had to be right before we went on our vacation so she could look all adorable for the trip. I was able to coordinate it all and we went in this morning, 1 week before we will be enjoying the Florida sunshine. I knew what my spirited little girl's reaction would be to being strapped down in a strange chair, ripped away from mom's loving arms, and having a stranger come at her with sharp implements. Not a pretty picture, but I was mentally prepped and I told the stylist,Kelly, who we thankfully knew from previous visits with Cole, that she would be squirmy and upset. Kelly didn't bat an eye and said almost all babies cry for a haircut when it has to be done this soon. She also said the hair was getting a little breakage and needed a trim, so it was good that we went. We were in and out in 15 minutes flat! It was great! Once Quincy got a sucker and was back in my arms she was smiling again. We'll be back before the Memorial I think for another mini trim. But for now, I'm basking in the fun of having a little girl that I can pick out cute hairstyles for. She does look adorable in her little bob! I'll put the photos up hopefully today...

No comments: